My College for Kids Experience

College for Kids participant Amelia Case, 11, looks forward to returning to CFK at Parkland College this year for more fun summer activities! Here’s why. 

___

My name is Amelia and I will be going into sixth grade next year. I’ve been going to College for Kids since third grade and have enjoyed every class I took. Two of my favorites were Ceramics and Construction Junction.

In Ceramics, we learned how to make bowls, plates, and pencil holders out of clay. We shaped them and then put them in the kiln. After that, we got to paint them and take them home. It was really fun! In Construction Junction, we learned about Rube Goldberg machines and watched videos of them. Then we were split into groups of six to make one ourselves. We decorated ours to have a sea theme. On the last day, parents could come and watch it work. I liked this class a lot.

Another class I took was Create Your Own Webpage. We learned HTML and made our own webpages. It was really cool! The last class I took was Create Your Own Comics. I loved this class because it taught me a lot about cartooning and making comics. We made a book out of all the comics we made at the end and then took it home.

All the classes were great. College for Kids is so fun!

CFK 2013 Session 1 076a

Images by Amelia

____

CFK Summer 2015 Sessions: June 15-25 and/or July 6-16
Monday-Thursday, 12:15-2:15pm and/or 2:30-4:30pm
Enjoy fun, interactive classes in arts, science, theatre, writing, computers, and much more, for students entering grades 3 through 8. Email collegeforkids@parkland.edu to be added to the mailing list.

***Remember, sign up starts May 4!

One thought on “My College for Kids Experience”