Parkland Student Government VP Kellyn Cuevas gives us the scoop on a fun event student groups took part in last month. [Featured photo from Prospectus News]
Student Government was excited and thankful that we were able to run a contest with our campus student clubs this November. We issued a challenge to see which club would escape from the Champaign-Urbana Adventures in Time and Space escape room and save the world!
The following clubs participated:
Equine Riding Team
Phi Theta Kappa
Student Services Directors
As a student organization, we all agree that students learned the following skills while at the Adventure Room:
- the best way of communicating with each other
- the importance of listening and following instructions
- the importance of efficiency when working under a given time
- to problem solve effectively
- to manage our emotions and stress when working under pressure
- to overcome adversity
- to trust each other intellectually and in decision making
- to take ownership in difficult situations
- to recognize and accommodate to each person’s talent(s)
- to use our resources wisely
Overall, we had a fun experience, and we were really excited to have maintained the lead until Parkland Pride beat our time!
This is definitely one of those events we hope to bring back yearly to students.