Only six weeks remain until Parkland College’s Fall Semester 2015 begins. Here are six tips to make the most of the time remaining. After all, just a little preparation can yield big dividends, such as a smoother transition into a new round of lectures, labs, and learning experiences!
- Register for classes; don’t wait. Walk-in hours are available at the Counseling and Advising Center. Mondays and Wednesdays are generally the best days for continuing students.
- Check on your financial aid or any other grants and scholarships you may be expecting to pay for your classes.
- Pay for classes online by August 4 or risk losing your schedule!
- Fall books will be available in the Bookstore August 10, so make sure you get what you need before the first day of class.
- Find your classes and the best places to park. Even if you have attended Parkland in the past, be sure to know where you’re going on that first day.
- Check out the Fall Convocation in the Student Union on Thursday, August 27, at noon. You’ll enjoy free food, a chance to win an iPad, and lots of information on Parkland student clubs and organizations.
[Tim Wendt is Parkland’s director of Enrollment Services.]