We are so excited to launch Microsoft Office 365 on campus, and bring several big advantages to students, faculty, and staff. With this transition comes a bit of housekeeping, so we ask for your cooperation, patience, and an opportunity for dialog regarding any issues you may experience.
As of July 23rd, students will need to enroll and use the new online ParklandOne Password Station to set up a new ParklandOne password for Office 365 access (this will also change your password for My.Parkland and email, so you’ll only have to keep track of one password). The process will require entering your current My.Parkland username and password and providing your mobile number (to be used only in the event that you need to recover a forgotten password). When enrolling in the new ParklandOne Password Station, you need to have your mobile phone with you to complete the enrollment and password change process. You will not be able to access your Office 365 account until you have enrolled in Password Station.
Important: Students who have already registered and downloaded Office 365 applications must enroll and change their ParklandOne passwords. Failing to reset your ParklandOne password will prohibit access to Office 365.
ParklandOne Password Station
Here’s how to get to Password Station: http://one.parkland.edu
Detailed instructions can be found here in the KnowledgeBase article, “ParklandOne Password Station – Getting Started” – https://kb.parkland.edu/page.php?id=54224
Your Office 365 email and apps can be found here: http://connect.parkland.edu/office365
Detailed instructions can be found here, in the KnowledgeBase article, “Office 365 for Students – What Applications are Included?” – https://kb.parkland.edu/page.php?id=50960
Contact the Parkland Tech Service Desk (http://parkland.edu/TechSD) with questions at TechHelp@parkland.edu or call 217.353.3333. Summer hours are Monday – Thursday, 7:30 am – 6:00 pm
For Parkland Faculty/Staff:
Parkland Faculty/Staff email will change from GroupWise to Office 365 over the weekend. For these individuals in advance of Monday:
- You should have a desktop icon on your office computer which will allow you to easily access the Outlook client.
- Just to clarify, use your username and password that you typically use to log in to the network on your office computer. If unsure of your password, go to ParklandOne Password Station to reset – http://one.parkland.edu
- All of your email, calendar items (up to two years into the future) and contacts have been, or are in the process of being, migrated. If you do not see all of your information when you first log into Outlook Monday morning, it is likely due to the fact that data is still in the process of being transferred. Please be patient and check again at the end of the day to determine if anything is missing. If you determine that something is missing, contact the Tech Service Desk at that time so that they can follow up and determine the cause.
- To access the new Outlook email online, go to http://connect.parkland.edu/office365
- There are “open lab” sessions scheduled for the following times to provide walk-in assistance and answer questions:
- Monday, July 27 – 8:00 am – 12:00 pm – D107
- Monday, July 27 – 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm – D107
- Tuesday, July 28 – 10:00 am – 2:00 pm – D107
- The GroupWise system is still available for viewing via the web access interface (http://webaccess.parkland.edu). You may log in using your previous username and password and view any mail, archives, calendar, and contacts, in order to verify that your data is complete in the new system. You may not receive or send mail from GroupWise going forward.
- There are a variety of KnowledgeBase articles available to assist you with questions at http://kb.parkland.edu, also available from the front page of the portal. Here are a few specific articles that you may find helpful:
- Instructions for Outlook set-up on mobile devices will be available in the KnowledgeBase by Monday.
For assistance the Tech Service Desk hours are 7:30 am – 6:00 pm, Monday – Thursday, and they are located in A184. Contact them via phone at 217.353.3333 or email at TechHelp@parkland.edu.