I hate to break it to you, but not everyone is a great leader. We might strive to be, we might even think we are… but our thoughts can vary from reality.
Some leaders have been placed in the position as figureheads, some leaders have taken the role by force, and still others have earned the position, the title, and sometimes the prestige of leader.
So, what distinguishes an extraordinary leader from a good or average one? How do we know when we are an extraordinary leader? Of course, we all have opinions about who is a great leader, but several key factors can put you on the path of extraordinaryship (yes, it’s a made-up word, but I think it’s appropriate):
- Character: integrity and honesty— ethical standards, etc.
- Personal Capability: the intellectual, emotional, and skill make-up of a leader
- Focus on Results: ability to have a positive impact on an organization
- Interpersonal Skills: being able to communicate, inspire, build relationships, develop others, and collaborate
- Leading Organizational Change: ability to have a strategic perspective, champion change, and connect
Learn how to become an extraordinary leader here or call 217/351-2235!