Announcing new email and Microsoft Office cloud services for Parkland College! This summer, the campus will be migrating to Microsoft Office 365 for all faculty, staff and students.
The college spent a considerable amount of time researching and evaluating various options. As a result, the Executive Technology Committee approved the Infrastructure Technology Committee’s recommendation to move forward with the new email platform. The choice to embrace Microsoft Office 365 as our unified email system will provide many benefits to Parkland College, including cost savings and:
- Increased email quota to 50GB
- Eliminating the need for two separate email systems (Stu Mail and Cobra Mail) for students
- Unlimited online storage on Microsoft One Drive
- Lync (or Skype for Business), a messaging, conferencing, and collaboration tool
- Video-streaming tools
- Fifteen copies per person (5 PC, 5 Apple, and 5 mobile) of the full Microsoft Office software suite for all students, faculty, and staff
A video of Parkland’s Office 365 informational kickoff meeting is available below. Additional information about using the Outlook Web App (OWA) can be found here.