7 Reasons to Take Zumba at Parkland

Zumba  ParklandJoin the Zumba dance party at Parkland! Here’s a fun way to get a great workout and meet new people. Think it’s not for you? Think again! Here are seven good reasons to join us!

1. Each Zumba workout contains a mix of different music styles: Salsa, merengue, hip-hop, cumbia, bachata, samba, cha cha, and more.
  2. You don’t have to worry about being a good dancer. Just do your best and have fun!
  3. I keep the songs in the class playlist for 6-8 weeks. As you attend more classes, you will get practice and feel more comfortable with the choreography.
  4. Zumba burns 310 – 465 calories in a 60-minute class. If you move less, you burn less. If you move more, you burn more.
  5. My Zumba class can be easily modified to have no jumping or fast turns. There are always people who enjoy low-impact Zumba in my Parkland class.
  6. I add a new song each week to keep it fresh. I always give tips or do a preview of new songs.
  7. We have space in Zumba at Parkland College for YOU!

Zumba is a noncredit class that meets on Mondays from 5:15 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. Our next session for fall starts October 27 and ends December 8.  Call Community Education to register: 217/353-2055.
If you want more information, you can visit my Zumba page. You can also visit the official Zumba website for information.  See you soon!

Lisa Hoppe, Instructor

3 thoughts on “7 Reasons to Take Zumba at Parkland”

1. This is a wonderful class to take and is extremely fun, even when no one is moving in the same direction! Lisa makes it well worth the time to get in shape.

1. Thank you, Deb! I love teaching Zumba, and you all are fabulous.

I wanted to mention that there is a Zumba Gold class that meets on Saturday mornings at 8am with Rena Leake. In summary, Zumba Gold is a no impact version of Zumba with no fast turns. They have one session in the fall which started in September. It is scheduled to start up again in early February.

2. This is my first experience taking the PC’s Zumba class…& I LOVE it!! Good music, humor, and an awesome workout! I’ve already got myself signed up for the next course. 🙂